I thought, in contrast to my last post, which was about exams and the next 2 miserable months, I would give you something to look forward to. It is the summer holidays in two months for us Brits. Goodness knows what the weather will be like, but it will be summer. And with summer, comes Erin’s Summer List. Okay, so every year I write a list of things I want to do in the summer. Not anything too crazy! Not skydiving or paragliding or anything ‘thrilling’. Just fun things I want to do from June 1st. Which was *gulp* yesterday. I have never done everything on my list in a single summer. But this year, I am going to. I can feel it. This is going to be OUR summer. By ‘our’ I mean, myself and you reading this, because you are going to OWN summer 2016.
(I appreciate I am using a lot of capital letters right now, I’m sorry, I’m trying to make a point. Moving on.)
Here, I will post my list, and maybe you’d like to post yours, in the comments. Summer 2016 is going to be the best yet!
Without further ado, I present…
Erin’s Summer List
This year, I am going to…
- Throw a massive practice picnic, in preparation for the end of exams party I am hoping to throw next year.
- Say ‘practice picnic in preparation’ 3 times fast. (Just kidding)
- Have a water fight.
- Ride my bike as much as possible.
- Drink a healthy drink in the sunshine. (What classifies as a healthy drink, you ask? Anything with fruit.)
- Smile a lot. 🙂
- Make other people smile a lot. 🙂
- Keep my room tidy.
- Buy a portable speaker and take it everywhere with me. (Excluding family parties and public places. (Nobody there wants to listen to excessive amounts of 1D and Ed Sheeran.)
- Have a Movie Marathon. ( Especially if I could have it outdoors.)
- Attend a festival type thing. Not necessarily a proper festival, but something like Summer in the City.
So, there is my list. What about your list? What’s the thing you want to do most this summer? Mine is the picnic. I’m very excited for that. My Pinterest right now is a frenzy of fancy food and sheets of fabric. I really look forward to finding out what you want most from this summer.
Till next time!
P.S. I am ashamed at how Tumblr the tags look. I am not cool enough for those tags.